Saturday 13 July 2019

Grandmother Dumps Kids Back Home



An Essex grandmother has been ostracised by her daughter after dumping her grandchildren back at their home one hour after taking them away on holiday.

Marian Chestermundley, 63, had agreed to take her two grandchildren Ryan, 12, and Chelsea, 10, for a week at a Southend holiday park so her daughter could have some "me time" during the school holidays. She picked them up at 10am but by 11am they were back home again.

Her daughter Tamsin, 39, said, "I was relaxing in the nail bar when I got a phone call from my mother saying I had to come home immediately. I dashed out thinking there had been some kind of accident but when I got home there was my mother pacing up and down outside her car with Ryan and Chelsea sobbing inside.

"She shouted at me, 'Take the little buggers, I can't stand any more.'

"It was absolutely horrendous, Look," she said, holding up her hands, "They'd only done seven of my ten nails. How can I go out clubbing looking like this?"

Marian told Fake News Flash she was sorry she had upset her daughter and grandchildren but there was no way she was driving them any distance again.

She said Ryan and Chelsea started arguing the second they got to the car, first about who was going to ride in front. That started 10 minutes of tears and tantrums before she made them both sit in the back.

"They argued over the snacks I had taken and then Chelsea complained Ryan had touched her arm which started another row.  They had another row because Ryan said Chelsea had looked at him funny.

"Honestly, it was doing my head in."

She said she tried to take their mind off the journey by suggesting they sit and play with their gadgets and toys. They had activity books, smartphones so they could text their friends to see if they were being similarly tortured and an iPad each filled with music, games and films.

"Why they couldn't settle down and keep themselves occupied I don't know," said Marian.

"By the time we'd driven five miles my head was banging. They were shouting and screaming constantly but the straw that broke the camel's back was when they started squirting Fruit Shoot at each other. I mean, only the day before I'd spent a tenner on getting the car cleaned by the Kwik Shine people in the supermarket car park.

"I'd had enough and turned the car around."

After leaving the children with their mother, Marian set off for the week's holiday on her own, muttering, "Tamsin's not the only one who wants some 'me time.'"

Tamsin said: "I'm not talking to my mother and it will stay that way until I want her to babysit, probably on Saturday."

NEXT POST:  Woman Punches Man Who Told Her To Cheer Up

PREVIOUS POST: Woman Sets Up Blog But Can't Think Of Anything To Write

Contact Via Email
Fake News Flash






2 comments:

  1. This could have been me a couple of weeks ago. I was that close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my grand kids but i have come close too. LOL

    ReplyDelete